I provide clinical physics services in the areas of Gamma Knife radiosurgery at UPMC Presbyterian as a full-time physicist and external beam radiation therapy and brachytherapy at UPMC Passavant as a part-time physicist for the routine physics works and Monthly QAs for a treatment machine, a CT, and treatment planning system. My research has focused on patient motion study during the Gamma Knife. In addition, I continue my interest in verification using Monte Carlo simulation of radiation therapy and portal imaging technique.
- Teaching Gamma Knife Machine Calibration and QA in Gamma Knife Course
- Teaching Gamma Physics Residents about Gamma Knife Physics and Machine QA
Yeo I, Xu Q, Chen Y, Jung JW, Kim JO. Clinical Application of Dose Reconstruction Based on Full-Scope Monte Carlo Calculations: Composite Dose Reconstruction on a Deformed Phantom, Progress in Medical Physics. 2014; 25(3):139-142.
Fu Y, Kim JO, Chen SJ, Mehta K, Pucci P, Huq MS. Dosimetric experience with 2 commercially available multilumen balloon-based brachytherapy to deliver accelerated partial-breast irradiation. Med Dosim. 2014; S0958-3947(14): 195-200.
Lee CI, Jung JW, Pelletier C, Pyakuryal A, Lamart S, Kim JO, Lee CS, Reconstruction of organ dose for external radiotherapy patients in retrospective epidemiologic studies. Phys. Med. Biol. 2015; 60(6): 2309.
Dickson R, Kim JO, Huq MS, Bednarz G, Suyama J, Yealy D, Wang H, Greenberger JS. A mobile alert system for preparing the delivery of radiation mitigators, in vivo. 2015; 29 (5):505-513.
Yoon JH, Jung JW, Kim JO, Yeo I. A Monte Carlo calculation model of electronic portal imaging device for transit dosimetry through heterogeneous media, Med Phys. 2016; 43 (5): 2242-2250.
Yoon JH, Jung JW, Kim JO, Yi BY, Yeo I. Four-dimensional dose reconstruction through in vivo phase matching of cine images of electronic portal imaging device, Med Phys. 2016; 43 (7): 4420-4430.
Han EY, Luo D, Kim JO, Tharp K, Wen Z, Briere TM. Dosimetric validation of the Gamma Knife Icon plan adaptation and high-definition motion management system with a motorized anthropomorphic head phantom, Jour. of Radiosurgery and SBRT. 2019; 6: 217-226.
Bowden GN, Kim JO, Faramand A, Fallon K, Flickinger J, Lunsford LD, Gamma Knife Clinical Dose Profile for Extensive Metastatic Brain Disease, Journal of Neurosurgery (in print)
1. Fallon K, Kim JO, Bednarz G. Medical Physics for Leksell SRS, Niranjan A, Lunsford LD, Kano H, Editors. Leksell Radiosurgery, Karger; 2019
2. Lunsford LD, Lohman S, Kim JO. Frame vs Frameless Leksell Radiosurgery, Niranjan A, Lunsford LD, Kano H, Editors. Leksell Radiosurgery, Karger; 2019
3. Niranjan A, Pathak S, Fallon K, Kim JO, Lunsford LD. Gamma Knife Radiosurgery-Imaging Techniques, Niranjan A, Lunsford LD, Kano H, Editors. Leksell Radiosurgery, Karger; 2019