I provide clinical medical physics services for UPMC’s Radiation Oncology department at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, Shadyside. These services include treatment planning (IMRT, VMAT, HDR, TBI, and SRS/SBRT), quality assurance, patient QA and motion management including 4DCT and DIBH. In addition, I fully support the clinic ensuring the best standard of care for our patients. Also, my expertise in image-guided radiation therapy where the primary goal is to precisely target the tumor and minimize the irradiation of healthy tissues.
I have been teaching for more than 5 years as an Assistant professor at King Saud bin Abdulaziz Medical University for health sciences, where, I directed, and taught more than nine courses in radiation oncology physics and medical imaging. Here in the UPMC, I provide my teaching services in the department when needed.
Education & Training
- American Board of Radiology Certification -Therapeutic Medical Physics: 2014 –Till present.
- State University of New York – MS - Medical Physics
- State University of New York – PhD- Medical Physics
- QA University Islamabad – Mphil- High Energy Physics
- Karachi University Pakistan – MSc- Nuclear Physics
Carolyn MacDonald, Noor Mail and Zewu Chen, “X-ray Imaging Systems Employing Point- Focusing, Curved Monochromating Optics, US Patent # 7583789 published September 1, (2009).
1. Noor Mail, Y. Albarakati, M. Ahmad Khan, F. Saeedi, N. Safadi, S. Al-Ghamdi and A. Saoudi, “The Impact of Dental Filling Materials on RapidArc Treatment Planning and Dose Delivery: Challenges and Solutions”, Med. Phys. 40 (8), 081714 (2013)
2. N. Mail, D. J. Moseley, J. H. Siewerdsen and D. A. Jaffray“ Application of Bowtie Filtration for Cone-Beam CT Image Quality” Medical Physics; Vol. 35 (12), 22-32 (2008).
3. N. Mail, D. J. Moseley, J. H. Siewerdsen and D. A. Jaffray, “An Empirical Method for Lag Correction in Cone-Beam CT” Medical Physics; Vol. 35 (11), 5187- 5196 (2008).
4. N. Mail, C. MacDonald and W. M. Gibson, “Microscintigraphy with high resolution collimators and radiographic detectors,” Medical Physics; Vol. 36 (12), 645-655 (2009).
5 Noor Mail, S. Al-Ghamdi and A. Saoudi “Customized double‐shell immobilization device combined with VMAT radiation treatment of basosquamous cell carcinoma of the scalp” Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics 20 (2): 84–93 (2019).
6. N. Mail, P. O’Brien and G. Pang “Ghosting analysis for an indirect conversion flat-panel imager ” The Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics; volume 8 (3), 137-146 (2007). The RIT Award of Excellence for the Best Medical Imaging Article in 2007 from the Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics
7. Noor Mail, et al, “ A Methodology for Patient Dosimetry During On-Board CBCT Imaging Using Optically Stimulated Luminescence Detectors”, Journal of Clinical Applied Medical Physics, Vol. 17, No 5, 482-499 (2016).
8. Alshehri F D, Mail N, et al. “Assessment of Different Modalities and Their Impact on Patients with Ruptured Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation Treated in King Abdulaiziz Medical City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia”, Cureus 12(2): (2020).