Susannah G. Ellsworth, MD, is a radiation oncologist who specializes in the treatment of gastrointestinal cancers with an interest in pancreatic and colorectal malignancies.
Dr. Ellsworth is board-certified in radiation oncology.
Dr. Ellsworth is a member of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO), and the American Society for Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
· 2020 – Present Clinical preceptor, Gastrointestinal Malignancies Service, Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Education & Training
- Medical School: University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Maryland Medical Center
- Fellowship: Neuro-oncology research training - Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Fellowship: Pain and Palliative Medicine - Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
· Ellsworth SG, Yalamanchali A, Zhang H, Grossman SA, Hobbs R, Jin JY. Comprehensive analysis of the kinetics of radiation induced lymphocyte loss in patients treated with external beam radiation therapy. Radiat Res 2019 (in press).
· Ellsworth SG, Rabatic BM, Chen J, Zhao J, Campbell J, Wang W, Pi W, Stanton P, Matuszak M, Jolly S, Miller A, Kong FM. Principal component analysis identifies patterns of cytokine expression in non-small cell lung cancer patients undergoing definitive radiation therapy. PLoS One. 2017 Sep 21;12(9):e018239.
· Ellsworth SG. Relationship between field size and the risk and severity of radiation induced immunosuppression (Invited Review). Adv Radiat Oncol, (Special Edition on Immunotherapy and Radiation Oncology) 2018 Oct 23;3(4): 512-19.
· Grassberger C, Ellsworth SG, Wilk M, Keane FK, Loeffler J. Assessing the interactions between radiotherapy and antitumour immunity. Nat Rev Clin Oncol 2019 Dec;16(12): 729-45.
· Long DE, Tann M, Huang K, Bartlett G, Furukawa Y, Galle JO, Maluccio M, Cox JA, Kong F, Ellsworth SG. Maximizing the potential of functional imaging to guide liver SBRT planning: Hepatobiliary iminodiacetic acid (HIDA) scans and functional liver image-guided radiation therapy (FLIGHT). Pract Radiat Oncol 2018 Nov-Dec; 8(6):429-36.
· Galle JO, Long DE, Lautenschaleger T, Zellars RC, Watson GA, Ellsworth SG. Effects of proton center closure on pediatric case volume and resident education at an academic cancer center. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2018 Mar 1;100(3): 710-18.
2015 – present Indiana Biomedical Research Grant, “Investigating the effects of circulating blood doses on circulating lymphocyte subtypes and cytokine
levels in patients undergoing external beam radiation therapy”; $50,000 over 2 years.
2018 – present Indiana University Health Values Grant: “Methods of calculating dose to the immune system during external beam radiation therapy for cancer”; $150,000 over 3 years